Saturday, March 1, 2008

Library Book Sale


It's been several years since I've gone to a library book sale. In fact, I haven't gone to any at all since we moved to this state over two years ago. I'm usually too lazy to get up early enough on Saturday mornings to get in line at 8:30 a.m. for the local library sale, but today I did it, in spite of a bad cold and grogginess from the Nyquil - all because a friend asked me to come and help her pick out some fiction since she is not a native speaker of English. I'm so glad I did! I was energized by the thrill of bargain hunting and came home with 17 books for a price you'd pay for one new paperback in a bookstore. Some old favorites, and some that may become new favorites. Of course, I was also blessed by the chance to have coffee with my friend before she returns to her native country for two months. Some things are worth getting up for early on a Saturday morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a find! Yeah, books in general are a huge blessing! It's great when you can find them cheap too!!! :-)

Esther said...

I totally agree with Jennifer!