Monday, July 21, 2008

A Personal Message

10 Uhr

This weekend I felt discouraged because of some unfulfilled desires and longtime prayers that still haven’t been answered yet. I do believe that God will answer this prayer and I am usually fine with handing this matter over to Him but sometimes … sometimes frustration just takes over. So when I went to church on Sunday morning I wasn’t really in the mood for it. I couldn’t even join in the first song. But when worship time started I made a decision to praise God even though I absolutely didn’t feel like it.
And then, in the third song, I got a personal message from God. I’ve sung this particular song many times before but now it hit me. There is a line which translates something like this: Whatever you give to me, whatever you take from me, you are and will be my God.
I can’t really explain why but this put everything back in order for me. It was just what I needed to hear from God that morning. This experience was overwhelming and brought me close to tears. I didn’t even pray for this and yet I received exactly what I desired. What a great God we have who cares about me and who makes sure I get the message that everything will be fine!

2 comments:

Meadowlark Days said...

Thanks for sharing this, Esther! It reminds me of the verse "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away; blessed be the name of the Lord." He is worthy of our praise even when we are struggling (although it can be hard to practice at times, at least for me!)

Felicia said...

I love those moments in church when God speaks so personally and so right on the issue it preoccupies our mind the most. I hope that feeling will stay with you for a long time... until you get the answer to your prayer:) Thanks for such a great reminder, Ester.